This year our school is Ranked.......
We are delighted to announce that we have achieved the School Games GOLD Mark Award for the 2018/19 academic year. The School Games Mark is a Government led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success.
Our sporting achievements this year include:
- District Netball Cup Champions
- Dacorum Dance KS2 Winners
- 3rd in the National Table Tennis Team Finals
- A huge amount of children running and taking part in our weekly Personal Challenges
- District girls football finalists
- Year2 Target Games Winners
- Competing at a regional dance competition at the New Wimbledon theatre in front of a huge crowd!
- A highly dedicated group of sports leaders and ambassadors in year 6 who give up a huge amount of their time to lead, organise and offciate competitions, events and clubs throughout the year!
With a huge total of young people competing in local inter-school competitions this year, we are extremely proud of our pupils for their dedication to all aspects of school sport, including those young volunteers, leaders and officials who made our competitions possible.
As part of our application, we were asked to fulfil criteria in the areas of participation, competition, workforce and clubs, and we are pleased that the hard work of everyone at our school has been rewarded this year.
A special thanks to: All Greenway children who have been so entusiatic and dedicate to sports, physical activity and PE this year!
We look forward to applying once again in 2020!
Greenway Primary and Nursery School
This is the profile of Greenway Primary and Nursery school.