Eight boys from Year 1 represented the school in a fun and unique football festival at Chessington school The boys had a great time, which you can read in this report.
On Tuesday 25th June 2019, eight boys from Year 1 (see team photograph) represented the school in an inter-school football festival. The festival, which took place at Chessington School, is the only Year 1 football event in the Borough’s sporting calendar and provides children with the first taste of competitive school sport. The festival consisted of seven schools, which included Tolworth Infants, Ellingham and Maple Infants.
The O.L.I team did fantastically through the afternoon winning all of their six matches. This included some superb attacking displays, with a number of well-worked team goals scored. Despite winning many of the matches by wide score lines, I was really impressed with the perseverance that the boys showed in their final match against Christ Church New Malden. After three minutes, O.L.I were trailing 3-0. However, the boys continued to work hard and try their best, eventually winning a thrilling encounter 4-3.
All of the boys had a brilliant experience. This enjoyment is shown in what the boys had the say about participating in this unique event:
· Joshua (Robins): ‘We were playing good in the football tournament.’
· Patrick (Wrens): ‘We went to a tournament and we won every single match.’
· Dylan (Robins): ‘I enjoyed the football tournament.’
· Benjamin (Wrens): ‘I scored 3 goals!’
· Charlie (Robins): ‘When we were playing the matches I got to show off my skills.’
· Bradley (Wrens): ‘It was good that we played football matches.’
· Reggie (Robins): ‘We won 6 matches, it was great.’
· Matthew (Wrens): ‘It was fun because we worked as a team.’
I would like to congratulate all team members of their excellent performances. It was a joy to witness the energy, enthusiasm and passion that the boys demonstrated throughout the afternoon. Many thanks to the parents and carers for providing transport to the venue and for supporting the team at the festival. Also, many thanks to Mrs Hossenian for giving additional staff support at this event.
Our Lady Immaculate Catholic Primary School
Our Lady Immaculate, located in the Royal Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames, is a welcoming two-form entry Catholic primary school.