Mangotsfield SGO Area
In what are challenging times, the School Games Organiser Network (450 SGOs) has been tasked with putting physical activity and competitive sport at the heart of schools and providing more young people with the opportunity to enjoy competing and achieve their personal best.
The outcomes for the School Games Network are:
1. To advocate and position the delivery of the CMO daily active minutes for all young people, as a universal offer to maintain and grow school engagement.
2. To ensure all competition has a clear intent and creates positive experiences based on the motivation, competence and confidence of the young people that need our support the most.
3. To have a clear focus on secondary schools and transition points.
4. To support the personal development of targeted young people through youth engagement and leadership.
5. To advocate and engage key stakeholders on the value of the School Games to support local provision and improve the experience for young people and their families.
Throughout the year I will provide face to face competitions / festivals, personal challenges, virtual competitions, leadership opportunities and courses for schools.
In Term 1 a range of primary events were run for all primary schools -
The S. Glos X Country took place at Mangotsfield Secondary School on 21st October. The top athletes go forward to represent S Glos at the Area Championship on 18th November. A Come and Try Yr4 - 6 Girls Rugby event was run at Cleve RFC - a brand new fab event that will run again! Yr5/6 Large and Small Sportshall Athletics events are taking place throughout November.
An SGO Events Calendar is attached to this page.
To promote physical activity the Happy Autumn Activity Sheet was sent to all primary schools, encouraging children and families to get active and creative over the October half term.
Secondary schools are currently enjoying x-country, football, rugby and netball matches. Further girls football matches and benchball events are being organised along with Yr7 / 8 Sportshall Athletics competitions in January. All secondary schools are invited to work with the SGO to create festivals that are outcome led and appropriate for their students.