This festival has been designed to encourage and engage all pupils (particularly the least active or those most affected by recent Covid-19 restrictions) to get outside and enjoy some physical activity in the fresh air. Recording forms have been sent to all SPIN schools. If you require one, please contact Linda Stacey- [email protected]
· Festival Intent – Mindfulness & well being
· Delivery Model – Virtual (activity could be used as part of 30 Active Minutes per child per day)
· School Games Value – Self belief, Teamwork
· Festival Progression – Personal Challenge, Intra School, Inter School Participation
1. Decide on the area you would like the children to explore.
2. Decide on the time limit the children have to complete the task.
3. Children could work individually but working in pairs or small groups would encourage conversation and discussion.
4. Ask the children to record their findings on the sheet provided – children could also take photos if they have access to suitable equipment.
5. For the more active children, they can run around the area and try to find multiple examples to record.
6. Whilst this is not a competition with “winners”, you may want to compare recording sheets and discuss the class findings – possibly with other groups or classes.
7. An e-certificate will be sent to each participating school.
**** If this activity is being completed at home, please return your completed worksheets to your child’s teacher or & an e-certificate will be awarded. Copies of this form will be available on my SGO School Games Public page - https://www.yourschoolgames.com/sgo/newsome-high/ ****
Recording sheets can be scanned and submitted to me, these will be shared with other schools via the SGO public profile page on the School Games website.
Please contact Linda Stacey – [email protected] with any questions and to submit any completed recording sheets.
Newsome High SGO Area
Newsome SGO area comprises 45 educational establishments in South Kirklees. It consists of primary and secondary schools in the following areas: Newsome, Almondbury, King James's, Shelley, Netherhall, Moor End, the Mount School as well as the following special schools, PRUs and FE colleges: Castle Hill School, Woodley School and College, Ethos, Joseph Norton Academy, Greenhead College, Kirklees College.