The geography includes Batley, Birstall and Dewsbury and comprises of 57 Infant, Junior and Secondary; State, Free, Independent and Special Schools.
We are passionate about providing and enhancing sport, health and wellbeing programs to support Schools with their pupils, staff and parent’s physical literacy and engagement/activity opportunities.
In addition to the National School Games Program, the NKSSP package offers a compressive local support provision.
In these difficult and challenging times we are all experiencing, it is still vitally important to remain active.
We are being bombarded with schemes, ideas and resources, which are to be applauded but the whole ball park can appear fragmented and dis-jointed. As a result we have tried to bring the more reputable offers under a one stop, yellow pages style umbrella which may make sign posting a little easier.
These will also cover aspects of teaching PE, PE home learning and active breaks.
Below are a number of recommended, authentic links that will play a small part in support of this:
YOUTH SPORT TRUST: https://www.youthsporttrust.org/free-home-learning-resources
YORKSHIRE SPORT FOUNDATION: https://www.yorkshiresport.org/get-active/thisispe/
CHANGE FOR LIFE: https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities/sports-and-activities
TEACH ACTIVE: https://www.teachactive.org/insightly/?event=web20
St John Fisher's SGOs
- NKSSP- Week 3 Physical Activity Challenges.docx
- south christmas calendar.odt
- 1 Santa Dash Details (Primary) Fishers.docx
- X North Kirklees Fitness Advent Calendar.pptx
- WYSG Virtual Boccia Comp.pdf
- Vertical Jump Home Scale.pdf
- Home Pentathlon challenge.pdf
- Home Pentathlon Competition sheet.xlsx
- Autism Resources.pdf
- NKSSP- spell your name workout (FUN).docx
- NKSSP- active monopoly (FUN).docx
- NKSSP- yoga workout (FUN).docx
- NKSSP- lets get physical circuit (FUN).docx
- School Games indoor skittles challenge (FUN).pdf
- School Games Power Jump Challenge (FUN.Perosnal best).pdf
- School Games reaction challenge (FUN.Personal best).pdf
- School Games Scavenger Hunt (FUN).pdf
- School Games Target Challenge (FUN.SKILL).pdf
- NKSSP- Games to play on a rainy day (FUN.Fundimental skills).docx
- NKSSP Cool Down Football Trivia Trial (FUN Challenge).docx
- NKSSP- tips for getting active (educational).docx
- NKSSP- Activity Pyramid (FUN).docx
- NKSSP- Outdoor games (FUN.Fundimental skills).docx
- NKSSP- Fitness Bingo (FUN).docx
- NKSSP- Fitness dice (FUN).docx
- NKSSP- How many can you do challenge (Personal best).docx
- NKSSP- fitness circuit cards (FUN).docx
- NKSSP- Healthy Family Challenge (Nutrition.Health).docx
- NKSSP- Fitness Checklist FUN).docx
- NKSSP- Fitness dice (FUN).docx
- NKSSP- Starwars May Challenge (FUN).docx
- WY #ThisIsPE toolkit .pdf
- ECB Super1sPack_StayingActive_AtHome .pdf
- NKSSP- Football Activity Resource (Fun, brain teasers).docx
- NKSSP- Tracing numbers (Maths).docx
- NKSSP- Riddles (Literacy).docx
- NKSSP- Number sequence (Maths).docx
- NKSSP- Fill the missing letters (Literacy).docx
- NKSSP- Colour and Write for boys (Literacy).docx
- NKSSP- Colour and Write for girls (Literacy).docx
- NKSSP- Multiplication (Maths).docx
- NKSSP- Lets count (Maths).docx
- NKSSP- Everything begins with... (Literacy).docx
- NKSSP- Lets Count Numbers (Maths).docx
- NKSSP- Vowels (Literacy).docx
- NKSSP- Colouring Even Numbers (Maths).docx
- NKSSP- correct spelling (Literacy).docx
- NKSSP- Pair the rhyming words (Literacy).docx
- NKSSP- Add up to 10 (Maths) copy.docx
- NKSSP- Add up to 20 (Maths).docx
- NKSSP- Alphabet writing (Literacy).docx
- NKSSP- Handwriting (Literacy).docx
- NKSSP- Colouring Sums (Maths).docx
- NKSSP- Colouring odd numbers (Maths).docx
- NKSSP- Week 1 Physical activity challenges.docx
- NKSSP- Week 2 Physical Activity Challenges.docx
- NKSSP- Week 4 Physical Activity Challenges.docx
- PE toolkit (1).pdf
- Sports Hall Athletics 1 Guidance Notes v2.pdf
Guidance PE and sport premium for primary schools
This has been recently reviewed and updates. Take a look!
Virtual Sports Hall Athletics
SEE RESOURCE SHEET IN RESOURCES FOR FULL LAYOUT OF THE EVENT. The School Games Pentathlon is the ideal Personal Best Challenge and a national virtual competition aimed to connect young people across the Country in a common goal. The School Games Pentathlon is designed to: • Support the teaching of key athletic skills • Encourage reward and celebrate success and individual progress • Engage whole classes, year groups and schools • Monitor and encourage improvement in fitness levels • Enable intra-school, inter-school and virtual competition
LTA TENNIS TRAINING FOR KIDS
MISSING WIMBLEDON????🎾🎾🎾 You can improve your tennis skills any time, any place, with LTA Youth Home Activities hub. Get Smashing!!!!
Chance to Shine National Cricket Week
Chance to Shine have one more great session for those in school to use with their pupils or to send to children still at home before Yorkshire Tea National Cricket Week (22-26 June) which will see a whole week of activities!
Youth Sport Trust- National School Sport Week 2020
Standby for National School Sport Week at Home, supercharged by Sky Sports! This year has been like no other and, in recognition of the huge changes and challenges that we have faced, National School Sport Week looks rather different in 2020. The Youth Sport Trust is delighted that Sky Sports will be helping to supercharge the campaign and that Sky Sports Scholarship athletes will be helping to promote National School Sport Week at Home.
Yorkshire Sport Foundation
#ThisIsPE is a campaign designed and created in Yorkshire to support teachers, parents and carers to teach physical education has received national recognition from the Department for Education.
Action for Happiness
The Covid-19 crisis is a big challenge for our mental health. So They've launched a new program to boost your wellbeing in these crazy times.
England Netball are running [email protected] challenge videos that your u11's and family can take part in to stay active at home.
Cosmic Kids Yoga
I know what you're thinking, yoga, for kids? Cosmic Kids is the number 1 kids yoga app where they will get some real enjoyment and highly benefit from.
GoNoodle: Good Energy at Home is a free online resource that provides tons of ways for kids and families to be active, stay mindful, and keep on learning!
Sport England work towards building an active nation. They want everyone in England feels able to take part in sport or activity, regardless of age, background or ability.
The Football Association (FA) are keen for children to still be active during lockdown, especially football related tasks. I'm sure many of us are missing playing and watching the sport so their challenges are a good way to keep on top of your skills.
BBC Bitesize is another online umbrella of resources that are providing 3 new lessons every week day for all year groups.
Working from home
Due to Covid 19, many of us are stuck at home which can become very stressful especially if your tasked with general home life and having to work from home too. The Guardian provided us with some great tips on how to manage.
imoves is an online resource that aims to get primary children learning actively. The site offers cross-curricular lessons and physical activity which are all FREE during the global pandemic.
The Daily Mile
We all need to try to be physically active and The Daily Mile at Home can help almost everyone to do this.
Chance to Shine
Chance to Shine are a national charity that aims to give all children the opportunity to play, learn and develop through cricket.
Department for Education
The Department for Education is responsible for child services and education. They have put together a list of resources for different curricular subjects.
Youth Sport Trust
Youth Sport Trust are a national initiative that work towards ensuring every child enjoys the benefits of playing sport and being physically active.
Every Mind Matters
During lockdown it is very important you take care of your mental health. Take a look at Every Mind Matters for some more information: https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/
Disney 10 minute shake ups
Check out Change 4 Lifes Disney 10 minute shake up to get your child active. https://www.nhs.uk/10-minute-shake-up/shake-ups