We are committed to respecting your privacy.
This notice is to let you know how we promise to look after the personal information we collect through this website, www.yourschoolgames.com (the “Website”), what your privacy rights are and how the law protects you. We promise to keep your data safe and secure, not to sell your data and to only use it for the purposes specified.
This privacy notice sets out how we will look after your personal data when we hold or use it as a data controller, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”), the “UK GDPR” as defined in the DPA (“GDPR”) and all relevant UK data protection legislation. In particular, it sets out in detail:
- what information we hold about you (such as your contact details, address, etc.)
- how your personal information may be used and the reasons for these uses
- details of your rights.
Where we collect personal information from you directly, we will provide this privacy notice at the time we collect the information from you. We may do so by giving you this privacy notice or by providing a link to it on the Website. Where we receive your personal information indirectly, we will provide this privacy notice when we first contact you, first pass the data to someone else or within a month, whichever is the earlier.
If you provide personal information to us about someone else*, you must ensure that you are entitled to share that information with us, that you have obtained any required consents from, given such notices to, or otherwise taken such actions as are required to ensure that YST are able to lawfully process that data, in accordance with data protection laws.
* they have a right to know and to be aware of what personal information we hold about them and how we use and may share that information. They also have the same rights as set out in the “Your Rights in Relation to Personal Information” section below, therefore please ensure they are aware, and if appropriate, share this privacy notice with them.
We will only provide this privacy notice to you once, generally at the start of our relationship with you. However, if the applicable privacy notice is updated substantially, then we may provide you with details of the updated version. In any event, you are encouraged to check back regularly on the Website for updates at www.yourschoolgames.com.
WHO WE ARE
References to we
in this privacy notice are to the Youth Sport Trust, who is the Data Controller for all personal information submitted through the Website.
Youth Sport Trust (YST) incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 4180163 and charity number 1086915, whose office is at SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 3QF. YST is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller – registration number Z7022336.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we are not required to do so, but our Head of Compliance & Governance is our Data Protection Lead and has overall responsibility for data protection compliance.
Contact details are set out in the "Contacting Us" section at the end of this privacy notice.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Collecting specific, relevant personal information, as outlined below, is a necessary part of us being able to manage and safely deliver the School Games (the “Programme
”) and to manage our relationship with you.
- personal contact details, such as name, email addresses, telephone numbers, job role;
- your organisation details, such as a school or other organisation type;
- records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
- social media accounts (optional);
- images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings;
- records of your attendance at any Programme-related events (including conferences, training courses, workshops, camps); and
- use of and movements through our online systems, passwords, IP addresses, user names and other IT system identifying information.
2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
The table below describes the main purposes for which we will process your personal information, the categories of your information involved and our lawful basis for being able to do this.
Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us as described in the "Contacting Us" section below.
Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of the data made before you withdrew your consent and we may still be entitled to hold and process the relevant personal information to the extent that we are entitled to do so on bases other than your consent. Withdrawing consent may also have the same effects as not providing the information in the first place and therefore, you may not be able to be involved in the Programme.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Details of who we may disclose your personal information to are set out below. We will only share your personal information where we need to do so in order to deliver the Programme, and we will put in place arrangements to protect your personal information. Outside of that, we do not disclose your personal information unless we are required to do so by law.
We may share personal information with the following parties:
- Funder: Sport England (including authorised Sport England suppliers and subcontractors working on the Programme)
- Stakeholders: School Games Organisers, School Games County Alliances, Development Coaches, National Governing Bodies of Sport
- Our supply chain partners & sub-contractors: for example venues, distributors, couriers, and athlete mentors, tutors/trainers working on the Programme
- School Games Mark auditors
- School Games researchers and evaluators
- Website system provider
- IT system providers: including Pardot
- The Media
- The Government or our regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives
- Police, law enforcement and security services: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime and the protection of national security
- Any party approved by you.
We do not disclose personal information to anyone else except as set out above, without your explicit consent.
4. STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
The personal information we collect will be stored on servers located within the UK.
We do not routinely transfer personal information outside of the UK, but the Website and online resources are accessible from outside of the UK.
In exceptional circumstances, we will only transfer your personal information outside of the UK:
- Where the transfer is to a place regarded by the UK as providing adequate protection for your personal information.
- Where we have put in place appropriate safeguards that have been adopted by the UK or a relevant data protection authority, equivalent to UK GDPR standards.
For further details please contact us by using the details set out in the "Contacting Us
" section below.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
Generally, where there is no legal requirement we will only retain your personal information for a maximum of twelve months after you have closed your account or after thirty-six months of inactivity. Exceptions to this are:
- School details or area/region details – this information will be retained within the Website whilst your personal information is anonymised. This allows for a successor to take over your account.
- Images in video and/or photographic form may be retained for a period of up to five years following their submission, so that they can be used for future communication, media and publicity purposes.
6. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to request that we transfer elements of your data to you or another service provider; and
- the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
You should note that some of these rights, for example the right to require us to transfer your data to another service provider or the right to object to automated decision making, may not apply as they have specific requirements and exemptions which apply to them and they may not apply to personal information recorded and stored by us. For example, we do not use automated decision making in relation to your personal data. However, some have no conditions attached, so your right to withdraw consent is an absolute right.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the "Contacting Us" section 12 below.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/. However, we are here to help and would encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
7. LINKING WITH THIRD PARTY SITES
The Website may contain links to and from other websites associated with the Programme. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and they will be a data controller of your personal information. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies and you should check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
In addition, if you linked to the Website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
We employ a variety of technical and organisational measures to keep your personal information safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use, or disclosure of it. Unfortunately, no information transmission over the Internet is guaranteed 100% secure nor is any storage of information always 100% secure, but we do take all appropriate steps to protect the security of your personal information.
As detailed here – www.yourschoolgames.com/cookies/
10. LOG FILES
In common with most websites, our Website may log various information about visitors, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring / exit pages and date / time stamp. Our site also uses a media logging audit to track downloads from the website.
We may use this information to analyse trends, administer the Website, track your movement around the Website and gather broad demographic information.
11. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. Any changes we may make to this privacy notice in the future will be posted on the Website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. When we change this privacy notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes and should you object to any alteration, please contact us as set out in the "Contacting Us
" section below.
12. CONTACTING US
In the event of any query or complaint about the information we hold about you, please email [email protected]
or write to us at: Data Protection Lead, Youth Sport Trust, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough LE11 3QF.
Dated August 2023