What is the School Games?
The School Games comprises of both intra and inter-school competitions, leading to a School Games county provision as well as a biennial National Finals event.
Our mission and vision
To put physical activity and competitive sport at the heart of schools, and provide more young people with the opportunity to compete and achieve their personal best.
The School Games will continue to make a clear and meaningful difference to the lives of even more children and young people.
How it works
The School Games events consist of four unique types of competition:
- intra-school competitions
- local inter-school competitions
- county provision/offer
- School Games National Finals.
Find out more about how to get involved with these competitions.
What can the School Games do for me?
What makes an event School Games?
- School Games branding is present throughout the duration of events
- Participation figures are maximised through the use of round robin or league formats
- The competitions at events follow the National Governing Body formats and are age group appropriate
- There is a strong emphasis on inclusion at School Games events to ensure all young people are given the opportunity to take part
- Young people are offered additional opportunities to take part by leading, managing, or officiating
- Community opportunities are signposted to clearly
- Participants are encouraged to follow our Spirit of the Games values: determination, eco-friendly, honesty, passion, respect, self belief, and teamwork.
Find your school
Join our competitions
Find out more about the types of competition we offer and how you can get involved.