The School Games Impact Awards is the School Games recognition scheme, designed to celebrate the impact achieved for young people by the network of School Games Organisers, Active Partnerships, National Governing Bodies of sport and schools, all aligned to the School Games key outcomes.
Case studies are submitted on a termly basis to capture the impact that the network have had on young people from across the country. One case study per outcome is chosen each term, resulting in 15 case studies being considered at the annual end of year Impact Awards.
At these awards, one entry is chosen per outcome based upon the greatest impact had on young people. These outcomes act as categories, and are based on the following criteria:
- Engaging School - schools who engage with the School Games mission and vision through local or county provision to develop understanding and benefits of physical activity, school sport, and competition
- Those in Need - interventions which target young people facing the biggest inequalities and challenges when it comes to their access, confidence, competence or motivations to physical activity and school sport
- Secondary School Focus - developments which focus on engaging secondary schools (or at other key transition points) to ensure that they are clear on the intent of the School Games and that their young people benefit
- Development Champions - maximising the wider benefits of physical activity and school sport that focuses on developing young people’s physical, social and mental wellbeing, personal development and life skills through leadership, coaching, volunteering and co-creation of opportunities
- Opportunity Supporters - activities which engage a wide range of key stakeholders, including families, to advocate for the value of the School Games and demonstrate its impact on the lives of children and young people.
The School Games Impact Awards celebrate the impact achieved across the country within the community. Members of the School Games network can log into their dashboard to find out further information on the Impact Awards.
Find your school
Find out more about the Impact Awards
Visit your dashboard or create an account for more details on how to apply for the Impact Awards.