Regardless of your role, being a part of the School Games can be a hugely beneficial and rewarding experience.
Benefits for young people
Through taking part in School Games events and competitions, young people will:
- have fun and enjoy themselves
- develop friendships and meet new people
- become more determined and demonstrate resilience
- understand and demonstrate the importance of respect for others
- learn to develop self control and manage emotions
- experience being part of a team and understand your contribution to it
- win with pride and lose with grace
- learn the importance of practice and preparation
- learn how to set realistic goals and work towards achieving them
- aspire to improve and challenge themselves.
Watch Ella's story about the benefits of the School Games
Benefits for teachers and schools
By registering to take part in School Games events and competitions in your area, teachers and schools can:
- access exclusive content, including a range of tools, resources, videos, and case studies which support the delivery of the School Games
- get in contact with your local School Games Organiser, who will be able to offer you an annual calendar of competition for your school to access
- apply for the School Games Mark, the award scheme which rewards schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school
- publicise sporting events at your school via your own school profile page; share this profile with students, parents, and others in the local community
- learn how to use sport as a catalyst across the curriculum using our resources for wider impact across the curriculum
- utilise Change4Life clubs to help ensure young people get active for at least 60 minutes every day, tackling childhood obesity.
Benefits for School Games Organisers (SGOs) and Active Partnerships
As a School Games Organiser or Active Partnership, you will be able to:
- access exclusive content and make use of our growing resource library, containing lots of useful materials to make your job easier
- manage those in your area to track the progress of your local schools, both through the annual School Games Mark application process and their daily website activity
- create a calendar of events to manage all the local inter-school (SGOs) or county level (Active Partnerships) events, and create a calendar that you can both use and share with others
- stay up to date with news and offers from the Youth Sport Trust – we will advertise exclusive offers to our network throughout the year and it’s only by checking your dashboard regularly that you can stay up to date with the latest opportunities
- ensure your local area feeds into the national picture of the impact the School Games makes.
Find your school
Get your account today!
Register on the School Games website to get started