Regardless of your role, being a part of the School Games can be a hugely beneficial and rewarding experience. Read on to find out just a few of the benefits which are available.
For young people...
- Have fun and enjoy themselves!
- Develop friendships and meet new people
- Become more determined and demonstrate resilience
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of respect for others
- Learn to develop self control and manage emotions
- Experience being part of a team and understand your contribution to it
- Win with pride and lose with grace
- Learn the importance of practice and preparation
- Learn how to set realistic goals and work towards achieving them
- Aspire to improve and challenge themselves
Hear Ella's story about the benefits of the School Games...
For teachers and schools...
- Access exclusive content – registered schools have access to a range of tools, resources, videos and case studies which support the delivery of the School Games.
- Get in contact with your local School Games Organiser, who will be able to offer you an annual calendar of competition for your school to access.
- Be eligible for incentives and rewards – registered schools who blog on the School Games website will be considered for a range of prizes and fantastic promotion opportunities.
- Apply for the School Games Mark – the award scheme rewards schools registered for the School Games for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into their community.
- Publicise sporting events at your school – registered schools can customise their very own school profile page and share this with students, parents, and others in the local community.
- Learn how to use sport as a catalyst across the curriculum – as well as an opportunity for more young people to actively engage in competitive sport, the School Games can provide advice and resources for wider impact across the curriculum.
- Utilise Change4Life clubs - fulfil government plans for getting young people active for at least 60 minutes every day and help tackle childhood obesity.
- Access exclusive content – regardless of your place within our network, all users registered with the School Games website can make use of our growing resource library, containing loads of useful materials to make your job easier.
- Manage those in your area – your dashboard can be used as the perfect management tool to track the progress of the schools, both through the annual School Games Mark application process and their daily website activity.
- Create a calendar of events – on your dashboard you can freely manage all of the local inter-school or county level events and create a simple calendar that you can both use and share with others.
- Stay up to date with news and offers from the Youth Sport Trust – we will advertise exclusive offers to our network throughout the year and it’s only by checking your dashboard regularly that you can stay up to date with the latest opportunities.
- Ensure your local area feeds into the national picture of the impact the School Games makes.
Find your school
Get your account today!
Register on the School Games website to get started