Follow us on
The School Games (delivered by Youth Sport Trust and commissioned by Sport England) vision is to increase the number of young people participating, performing, volunteering and learning in school, club and competitive sport. The School Games is a national programme that consists of 4 levels which includes a year round multi-sport programme for intra and inter competition on a local and national level. The Games are designed to build on the magic of 2012 to enable every school and child to participate in competitive sport, including meaningful opportunities for disabled youngsters.
The Association for Lewisham Primary Sports is comprised of dedicated Primary schools across the Borough of Lewisham who affiliate and take part in; The Lewisham School Games Programme.
- A collaboration of primary schools across the Lewisham Borough to affiliate to a School Games membership programme to develop cross curricular physical education and competitive sport at level 1 and beyond.
- Non-profit making sustainable fund invested to achieve desired outcomes
- Coordinate a programme of regular opportunities for key stage 2 pupils in high quality inter school competition (School Games level 2) sporting competitions in either a central venue or festival format that lead towards London Schools Youth Games (level 3).
- To ensure that there is a diverse range of activities to support all interests and abilities in line with the national framework and new curriculum 2014 and onwards.
- To use sport as a vehicle to develop character and employability skills.
- To provide a forum for discussing developments, shared resources and issues surrounding the delivery of sporting opportunities both in curricular and extracurricular activities.