- What? Quad kids is a fun team competition based upon the athletic events of 75m sprint, 600m run, standing long jump and howler throw.
- Who? KS2 group activity that can be used with large or small numbers of pupils
- When? PE lessons, extra curricular clubs or lunch time activity
- Pupil roles: Performer, organiser or official
- Why? To develop speed, endurance and power with additional opportunities to develop team work and leadership skills
- Staff experience: Confidence in managing multiple events occurring simultaneously
- Equipment required: Whistle, stopwatch, measuring tape, vortex howlers and a pen and paper to record the results
- Space: Ideally an outdoor space large enough to ensure throwing events do not effect other activities
- Inclusivity: Detailed STEP suggestions on the resource card
For further help and support
The School Games network are here to support you.
Browse related activities
Orienteering - Tri-O - Introductory activities.
Tri-O is a package of Introductory orienteering activities. Each activity can be a stand-alone exercise used within across the school day o…
Rugby League Skills Challenge library cards
The Rugby League Skills Challenge Library cards are designed for pupils with previous experience of Rugby League. There is a set of challen…
Street Dance Routine
UDOIT Dance Foundation aim to inspire, engage and empower children and young people through street dance, making sure all opportunities are…