We’re pleased to announce the shortlist for the 2023 summer term School Games Impact Awards!
We received a wide variety of entries from across the country from all aspects of the network. Thank you to all who entered; every entry demonstrated the amazing work carried out by the network, and we can’t thank you enough.
The shortlist for each category is as follows:
- Engaging Schools: Andy Tennyson (SGO, North Yorkshire)
- Engaging Stakeholders: Mick Troop (SGO, West Yorkshire) and Dan Moody (SGO, Dorset)
- Personal Development and Youth Engagement: Helen Tonks (SGO, Birmingham)
- Positive Experiences for Targeted Young People: Helen Tyson (SGO, Burnley) and Sue Allsopp (SGO, Bexley)
- School Innovation and Impact: Rebekah Johnson (Teacher, Our Lady Queen of Heaven Catholic Primary School, West Sussex)
- Secondary School Engagement and Transition: Marie Ewing (SGO, Middlesbrough)
- Young Person Impact: Cathy Robinson (SGO, Wigan)
These shortlisted entries will be carried forward to the annual Impact Awards ceremony in the summer term, and are available in bite-sized case studies for you to take inspiration from and to consider where you can replicate the fantastic impact achieved.
We would also like to highlight the entries for each category which also demonstrated excellence; these are our Highly Commended runners-up:
- Engaging Schools: Rosie Harris (SGO, Cheshire)
- Personal Development and Youth Engagement: Tim Liptrot (SGO, Oldham)
- Positive Experiences for Targeted Young People: Sarah Dunsford (SGO, Bournemouth)
- School Innovation and Impact: Claudia Leicester (Teacher, St Margaret's CofE Primary School, West Sussex)
- Secondary School Engagement and Transition: Nathan Bibby (SGO, Lancashire)
Congratulations to everyone listed above!
The entry window for the autumn term is open now until 22 December; to enter, download the entry form from the right-hand side of this page.