PE and School Sport at Sparken Hill Academy
• The PE coordinator and Lead Sport Coach is committed to ensuring all pupils receive high quality PE lessons delivered by confident and well trained teachers.
• The skills taught are wide and varied, enabling children to apply these confidently to a variety of sports.
• Extra-curricular opportunities are extensive and currently include tag rugby, tri-golf, football, gymnastics, pop lacrosse, couch to 5K, and dance. New sports are introduced throughout the year.
• In year 5/6, children learn to become sports crew and use their skills to teach
younger children (supporting lessons in foundation stage).
• A sports captains and sports ambassadors organise sporting
competitions and running sporting Inter-House activities.
• Our school is part of the Bassetlaw Schools Sports Association. Meetings are held yearly to share good practice. Through this we have enabled the opportunity for children to compete in a range of school games competitions and tournaments, including the school games events.
• Achievements in sport are recognised in weekly newsletters and assemblies.
The Sport Premium
Through the 'Sport Premium' the Government is providing funding to support the delivery of PE and sport in primary schools.
This funding will be ring fenced and is allocated directly to primary schools across England, providing them with dedicated resource to buy in invaluable expertise and support. Sparken Hill have developed an action plan to help use this money to develop PE and School Sport for our Pupils.
School Games Mark
Sparken Hill Academy achieved Gold award last year.
Find your school
Is this your school?
Y5/6 Pop Lacrosse
21st March 2018
District Pop Lacrosse Event - pathway to regional event.
Pop lacrosse competition
21st March 2018
Bassetlaw school's pop lacrosse competition, being hosted by our school.
Girls friendly football match
20th March 2018
Friendly match versus Gateford park girls team.