Downloadable PDF (e.g. resource card, lesson plan)
Bumping Balance is an activity played in pairs requiring very little equipment and creating a simple engaging and active game. Bumping Balance helps to develop pupil’s balance and core stability. It is played in pairs facing each other, both standing on one foot, trying to nudge their partner onto 2 feet by pushing ball against ball.
- Number of participants: Pairs
- Purpose of activity: Increase pupil’s activity levels through a focussed activity using resilience, fair play and developing the fundamental movement skill of balance and core stability
- Including all pupils: STEP framework included.
- Pupil roles: Participant
- Space: Indoors/Outdoors. Ensure there is enough space around the pairs in case they step onto two feet to avoid knocking into other players.
- Equipment: One ball per pupil. (each pair having the same sized ball)
Browse related activities
Black Widow's secret spy mission - 10 Minute Shake Up
10 Minute Shake Up activities are Disney themed games that aim to inspire children to have fun, rebuild confidence in being physically acti…
England Hockey - Hockey Heroes Inner Power - Dribbling Challenge 3
Hockey Heroes is aimed at beginners aged 5 - 8 years. This fun challenge can be completed on your own at home, or at school. This video foc…
We're proud to share the #RediscoverSummer campaign.
Find out more by clicking below and using the School Games network to support you.