Hit The Targets includes three different exciting target activities that can be played sitting, standing or kneeling. Each game includes aiming at targets including a vertical pole, into buckets or batting/catching a moving target dropped by a partner. Pupils can choose their own level of challenge and adapt the activity to meet their needs. This activity develops resilience and perseverance too!
- Number of participants: Group/pair/individual
- Purpose of activity: Increase pupil physical activity through three different aiming activities. Each activity requires different skills and pupils can practise a variety of throwing skills including underarm and overarm throws and also batting actions using their hand. Pupils can set themselves challenges or work as a pair or team to improve their score.
- Including all pupils: STEP framework included.
- Pupil roles: Participant
- Space: Indoors/Outdoors. Ensure the space is suitable for the number of players. Ensure there is space between the activities for pupils to throw safely.
- Equipment: Vertical pole (or similar), buckets, bins, boxes, small throwing equipment i.e. balls, bean bags, koosh balls
We're proud to share the #RediscoverSummer campaign.
Find out more by clicking below and using the School Games network to support you.
Browse related activities
Captain Marvel's Space Flight - 10 Minute Shake Up
10 Minute Shake Up activities are Disney themed games that aim to inspire children to have fun, rebuild confidence in being physically acti…
Street Dance Routine
UDOIT Dance Foundation aim to inspire, engage and empower children and young people through street dance, making sure all opportunities are…